Sunday, June 29, 2014

Adios España!

Well I am back home after 5 months that flew by! For my last week in Spain my mom, aunt Deana, and cousin Maddie came to visit me for the end. It was amazing seeing my mom again and getting to show them around Spain, and introduce them to the friends I've made. It was also cool being able to speak Spanish and they had to rely on me for getting them around;) I met them first in Madrid. The day we were in Madrid I actually ran into my friend Zac who is working in Madrid this summer! What are the chances of that? After Madrid I brought them to my city Cadiz, where they got to meet my host family and all my friends. Then we went to Tarifa, Sevilla, and ended in Barcelona. With them I discovered my favorite thing in Spain, Gaudi's architecture. I think he was a brilliantt architecture, and his style was very different, but beautiful. It looked kinda like Doctor Seuss. Anyways, throughout that last week I had to say goodbye to a lot of people and my beautiful city I lived in, Cadiz. I think it's going to be hard not seeing the same people every day in Cadiz. The goodbyes on my last day were definitely the hardest. In the morning I had to say bye to one of my best friends Kevin. Kevin lives in Australia, so when I will see him again is really unknown. A few girls and I got really close over these past 5 months, and I consider them some of my best friends. So when we all said goodbye once we landed in Boston was horrible. Leaving for Spain I cried saying goodbye to people, but I knew I'd see them in 5 months. Now we have no idea when we will all see each other again. I do know we will someday though, and hopefully very soon. I think we made quite the scene at the airport hugging each other and balling our eyes out hahah. That's the worst part about being an exchange student, you meet the most amazing people that become your best friends only to say goodbye to them without knowing if you will ever see them again.

It's nice being home, and weirdly feels like I never left. Everyone makes jokes telling me it must suck to have to come back to boring Ohio, but it really doesn't because as much as everyone talks about how they hate where we live and how boring it is, it's home, and nothing is better than being home. (to all my international friends who I am trying to convince to come visit me in Ohio: I wasn't lying it's really really awesome, and why people say it's boring I have no idea ;)  ). It doesn't seem that long ago I was going to the airport all anxious and excited to get to Spain and start this experience. This experience has been the most amazing experience of my life. It definitely was not easy though. There were times I felt extremely homesick, defeated, frustrated, exhausted, etc. and just wanted to come home, but those times just made the great times so much better. I have learned so much in these last 5 months and have definitely become a stronger more independent person. If you're thinking about doing something like this DO IT!!! I am more than happy to answer anyone's questions that are looking into being an exchange student. I believe everyone should experience what it's like living abroad.
So I guess this concludes my blog. I hope whoever has been reading this has enjoyed it:) Adios!


Some pictures from my last week in Spain

Ran into Zac in Madrid

Exchange student dinner party

My mom and I at the top of Torre Tavira- Cadiz

Gran Teatro Falla-Cadiz

Last night in Cadiz with Kevin and Nirmala

 Alcazar in Sevilla

Maddie and I at the Alcazar

Plaza España- Sevilla

Plaza España

Casa Batlló (by Gaudi)-Barcelona

Casa Batlló
 
Casa Batlló

La Sagrada Familia (by Gaudi) -Barcelona

La Sagrada Familia

Parc Güell (by Gaudi) -Barcelona

 Parc Güell
 Parc Güell
 Parc Güell




No comments:

Post a Comment