Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Valencia



VALENCIAAA!! I went to Valencia last week with my friend Kevin and Andrea. There we met our other friend Chris, who is from Sweden and is living in Valencia. It was one of the best weeks here and Spain, and I really really really didn’t want to leave! I’m feeling a little lazy and theres not much to write about anyways because it was mostly fun because I was just hanging out doing stupid stuff with my friends

To begin, my mom sent me a package about a month back it had some Ramen noodles, so I brought those along to Valencia for Kevin(Australia) and Chris(Sweden) to try for the first time. I explained to them Ramen Noodles are what poor college students typically eat, but everyone loves them anyways. Of course they loved them, and I made sure to get a video of them trying them for the first time:) Also during the week for dinner Chris taught us how to make swedish pancakes. They are basically crepes and then you spread syrup or a type of jelly on them and roll it up. They were sooooo yummy! 

One day we went to see The City of Arts and Sciences which is an entertainment-based cultural and architectural complex. We went into the aquarium which is actually the biggest aquarium in Europe. It was really amazing! The architecture of the City of Arts and Sciences was really beautiful though, and much different than the other beautiful buildings I’ve seen in Spain because they are very modern looking. 

One of the nights I FINALLY got to go to a discoteca and have a true “Spanish” night. I’ve heard over and over about how the Spanish go out so late but so far its been about the same for me. A discoteca is basically just a club. The first night we went wasn’t that fun because it was a small group, but we went again for Chris’s friend Daan’s birthday, which was wayyyy funner with a huge group of us. It was fun hanging out with his friends since basically everyone was from a different country(all exchange students and a few spaniards). I also realized how hard the Cadiz accent is to understand when I was talking to one of the guys from Spain. He spoke so clearly, I could understand everything he said!  We went a little before 2:30 am because if you went before then it was free, the party didn’t get huge until about 3:30-4. Then we were there all night and came back around 6. I was pretty exhausted the next day. 

On our last day we ventured far down the beach to “Little Venice” which was really pretty. The name is pretty self explanatory, it looks like a smaller version of Venice. It was really beautiful, and unfortunately we got there so late in the day we only stayed on the beach for about an hour. Here I was so excited to get a picture of some of us doing OHIO. I did it with my friend Tristan from Australia, Daan from Belgium, and Chris from Sweden. Therefore, Ohio is being represented all around the world:) It’s weird, I love Spain and all, but I have really come to love and appreciate Ohio/Howland so much since I’ve been here. Mostly because it’s my home probably and we have so many things that are special to me because they are things that make me feel happy and comfortable. Anyways, Sunday morning Andrea, Kevin and I had to leave. Saying bye to Tristan and Chris was pretty sad since it may be the last time I see them... ever. I hope not though. We’ve all become such good friends, so I hope in the future, even if it’s 10 years from now, we will end up seeing eachother again:) 


Heres some pictures but if you want to see them all go check out Facebook 


The City of Arts and Sciences

Discoteca!!!

Aquarium 

Sushi in Valencia






1 comment:

  1. You don't feel lazy, you feel spanish ;-)

    ReplyDelete